Engage: Behavioural Science for Managers
How to get your team to better engage with you as a manager / team leader
Who is this programme for?
Managers and team-leaders…anyone for whom:
- Leading and motivating a team is a key part of your role
- Your results depend on the engagement of your team members
- You have to spend a portion of your time giving briefings and team updates
- You also spend more time communicating by e-mail
- You need to balance your own work and your role as a manager /coach
Why should you attend?
- You find that your team aren’t always engaging or acting on things
- You may have received feedback that you need to up your game on the ‘people’ side
- You may have been told you are too technical
- You are uncomfortable with some aspects of the role
- You find some types of interactions – individual and team – harder than others
What outcomes can you expect?
- You will have a better understanding of what motivates people to act – or not
- You will learn how to get people to better engage with you as a manager
- You will be able to create a culture of engagement within your team
- You will know better how to motivate individuals and the team
- You will have tools and frameworks to guide you in key communications, briefings, emails
What is the format of the programme?
- Expert inputs in the psychology of motivation, engagement, and communication
- Interactive exercises and facilitator-led group discussion
- Pre-reading and follow-up reading suggestions
- Take away tools to boost team engagement
- A completed personal development plan
Who is delivering the course?
Donal Cronin – Company Director
- One of the most recognised communications and training experts in Ireland.
- Has provided strategic communications consultancy and training to the country’s leading organisations including Irish Life, Bank of Ireland, EPA, SEAI and AIB.
- Speechwriter to former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds, Donal has a reputation among senior leaders as the best person to help articulate strong, clear messages.
Amy Hume – LEAD Behavioural Economics Consultant
- One of the lead designers and facilitators of a number of new training offers within the Carr Communications portfolio including Better: Effectiveness and Happiness in Work, Behavioural Economics for Policy, and also an array of programmes in the Financial Services arena.
- Researches issues ranging from citizen engagement in environmental decision making, and the impact of framing different policy messages, to positively influencing employees to become more engaged in their organisation.