Posted on: 25th September, 2018
Santry, Dublin 9 and Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Carr Communications is looking to add to our current Public Relations team by recruiting an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic Account Manager. The role will be primarily based on-site with one of our key clients in Santry, Dublin 9.
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in communications or public relations and have at least five years’ experience working in a PR / communications role, with a minimum of two years at Account Manager level or equivalent. He/she will be a strategic thinker with strong media relations experience and a proven track record of managing clients to a high standard, as well as developing and implementing communications strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity for a team player who is looking to develop their career in a fast-paced and dynamic setting. We’re looking for a creative thinker who loves news and current affairs, is social media savvy, works on their own initiative, and takes ownership of business and addressing clients’ needs.
In return, we will offer a competitive package that includes ongoing training and personal development opportunities, the support of a great team, and the potential to develop your role within our company.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic communications planning
- Managing client business to a high standard
- Quickly developing relationships with the client
- Responsibility for ensuring client objectives and deadlines are met
- Identifying and developing new projects and campaigns for the client
- Preparing all press materials, speeches, and corporate communication
- Leading the development and implementation of communications strategies for clients
- Researching, drafting and distributing press materials such as press releases, articles, speeches and briefing notes
- Liaising with national, local and specialist media outlets to develop opportunities for clients
- Attending and managing client meetings
- Managing events
- Drafting proposals for new business opportunities
- Developing social media strategies for relevant clients
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years’ experience in PR / communications, with a minimum of two years working at Account Manager level or equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of managing clients and priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail with impeccable writing skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong media contacts across a range of media, especially business
- A willingness to develop in-depth knowledge about the client’s business
- Ability to anticipate client needs - being proactive, not reactive
- Extensive knowledge of social media and online communications
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently, with a positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to apply: