Posted on: 28th August, 2018
Carr Communications is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious Assistant Financial Controller to join our Finance team. This is an ideal role for somebody wishing to join an established and market leading SME where talent and hard work is recognised and rewarded.
- Responsibility for the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions to ensure the smooth processing of both sales invoices and supplier invoices.
- Manage the debtor/creditor control function.
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely payment of all salaries and the overall management of the payroll system (Micropay) in accordance with Revenue requirements.
- Preparation and timely submission of VAT, PAYE and VIES returns.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to include all relevant reconciliations and control accounts.
- Oversee the management and the disbursement of Travel and Subsistence claims together with Petty Cash.
- Preparation of the year end audit file and liaising with the external auditors for the purposes of completing the annual statutory audit to include the agreement of the statutory financial statements.
- Liaise with the external advisors with regard to the review and subsequent submission of the companies Corporation Tax return, computations and form 46G.
- Review and agreement of the Abridged Financial Statements with the auditors for submission to the CRO.
- Have responsibility for reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures and internal financial controls.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time. For example assisting the Financial Controller and business principals with regard to budgets and cash-flow management.
- Qualified Accountant - strong preference for ACCA or ACA with Top 10 Practice experience.
- 2-3+ years relevant experience in a commercially focused accountant position.
- 3rd level degree in accounting/business studies or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & proven ability to multi-task.
- Excellent client/supplier relationship skills.
- Problem/query resolution aptitude.
- Excellent IT skills including high level in all Microsoft applications.
- Accountancy Software package knowledge – Sage Professional or similar.
- Payroll Software package knowledge – Micropay or similar.
- Ability to process and prepare accounts efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Must be capable of working in a busy office on a number of projects at the same time.