How to get your team to better engage with you as a manager / team leader
Who is this programme for?
Managers and team-leaders ... anyone for whom:
- Leading and motivating a team is a key part of your role
- Your results depend on engaging your team members
- You have to spend a portion of your time giving briefings and team updates
- You also spend more time communicating by e-mail
- You need to balance your own work and your role as a manager/coach/mentor
Why should you attend?
- You find that your team aren’t always engaging or acting on things
- You may have received feedback that you need to up your game on the ‘people’ side
- You may have been told you are too technical
- You are uncomfortable with some aspects of the role
- You find some types of interactions – individual and team - harder than others
What outcomes can you expect?
- You will have a better understanding of what motivates people to act - or not
- You will learn how to get people to better engage with you as a manager
- You will be able to create a culture of engagement within your team
- You will know better how to motivate individuals, and the team
- You will have tools and frameworks to guide you in key communications, briefings, emails
What is the format of the programme?
- Expert inputs in the psychology of motivation, engagement, and communication – evidence-based
- Interactive exercises and facilitator led group discussion
- Pre-reading and follow-up reading suggestions
- Take away tools to boost team engagement
- A completed personal development plan
- Science of Behavioural Economics
- Evidence from the real world
- What drives people's behaviour?
- Not what you might have believed
- Fundamentals of Behavioural Economics
- Topics include:
- Impact of choice overload
- Importance of framing
- Power of planning
- Core principles applied to culture
- Increasing motivation using the Social Motivation Matrix
- Making people more receptive to your message
- Teams and motivation: Culture and Behaviour
- Building successful teams and culture
- Communicating to create understanding applying ACE
- Practical Application: Personal Development Plan
- Practical Planning Exercise with Tutor Coaching
Who is delivering the course?
Donal Cronin – Director
- One of the most recognised communications and training experts in Ireland.
- Has provided strategic communications consultancy and training to the country’s leading organisations including Irish Life, Bank of Ireland, EPA, SEAI and AIB.
- Speech writer to former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds, Donal has a reputation among senior leaders as the best person to help articulate strong, clear messages.
Amy Hume – Behavioural Economics Consultant
- MSc in Behavioural Science for Management from the University of Stirling, with particular interest in the role of communication and motivation in decision making.
- Provides research, consulting and training to organisations such as Irish Life, SEAI, Permanent TSB and across a wide range of EU funded research programmes.
- Previously worked as a researcher for Professor Liam Delaney, who is now AIB Professor of Economics at UCD.