Want to grow your business?
We can give you all the PR help you need – at a reasonable price.
Who we are
Carr Communications has been growing its own business and supporting its clients’ communications for more than 40 years, so we couldn’t be better placed to give you some essential pointers as you strive to grow and develop your own business. There’s more to running a business than a game-changing idea. You need a focused communications strategy and a clear road map for where you want to go and how to get there. Carr Communications has developed customised communication and training packages especially for start-ups and SMEs to help you develop the critical skills to ensure that you continue to grow.
Communications – a vital component in your business plan
Putting in place structures to ensure effective business delivery can be challenging, and communicating effectively with your key customers can often be overlooked. We know that start-ups and many SMEs have limited budget to spend on public relations and communications services and there is a misperception that this is very expensive. In fact, investing in PR and communications is far more cost-effective than advertising. But we have gone a step further. We have created special phased packages with heavily discounted rates so you only pay for the support you need, when you need it, allowing you to concentrate on developing your core business idea. Our packages are designed and delivered to create simple processes and structures that can be easily implemented. We provide you with practical, workable steps that you can begin to use immediately. We create the follow-through mechanisms to ensure that new approaches are consistently applied – and that they deliver results. Carr Communications is one of Ireland’s most recognised names in the field of communications, both internal and external. We owe our reputation and longevity to a track record of consistent delivery for leading clients in both the private and public sector. This track record has sustained the company through almost four decades of business. Put simply, Carr Communications can help you deliver your business objectives.
What you may need
As a new company, a communications plan will be essential to raise awareness and promote your start-up business to potential investors, customers and partners. We outline in this brief document the steps we would take in working with you to develop and implement this communications plan.
What we can do for you
We have divided these steps into three phases of six week blocks, with actions and dates to be agreed with you. This flexible approach means that you only pay for the support you need when you need it. Because you are a start-up company, Carr Communications is offering a heavily discounted rate to this communications package, which would be tailored specifically for your business needs.
- Facilitate one-day Strategic Communications Workshop;
- Create overall strategic communications plan, including target audiences, key messages and selected channels;
- Design implementation plan;
- Draft and issue initial press release;
- Additional offering of discounted customised training programmes to your team, e.g. Presentation Skills, Business Writing, Sales Training, Negotiation Skills, Media Skills, etc.
- Develop content for presentations to customers, partners, and potential investors;
- Roll-out media relations programme, including pitching broadcast interviews and newspaper/magazine features;
- Pitch one-to-one briefings with key journalists;
- Communications activities under the other channels to be agreed (e.g. online, social media, briefing meetings).
- Review results of the campaign to date and design a tailored regional / specialist communications programme;
- Pitch regional radio interviews and regional print features;
- Media Skills training session;
- Create a long-term implementation plan with clear, practical, measureable steps.
What others say
“Carr Communications has added huge value to our start-up business, ValueMyProperty.ie. They designed a customised PR and Training package to meet our business needs. Their flexible approach means that we pay for the support we need when we need it, without having to commit to a long-term retainer. Carr Communications put a strategy in place for our communications efforts, with clear, practical steps. They helped us to define our key audiences, messages and channels, and gave us the tools to communicate effectively with target audiences. This approach delivered real results and more value for money than the advertising route. Carr Communications understands start-ups and I have already recommended them to other similar businesses.”
Justin Kavanagh, ValueMyProperty.ie
“Carr Communications has provided communications support to our start-up company as we grow and develop our business. The phased approach they offer works well for start-ups, giving us the flexibility we need. Through our work with Carr Communications, we developed an overall vision for communications, identifying who we need to talk to, when, using which channels. At the end of each phase, we reviewed the success and planned for the next step. We received excellent media training at different stages of the process. Their start-up package represents great value for money and I would recommend them to other companies.”
Tim Kelly, Corballis Consulting
Other ways we could help
In addition to our excellent communication support services, we also offer start-up companies a range of high impact training programmes as outlined below and in the relevant areas of this web site:
- Presentation Skills
- Persuasion & Influencing
- Business & Sales Pitches
- Strategic Selling
- Telephone Sales Programme
- Effective Time Management
- First Class Customer Focus
- Make Meetings Work
- Negotiation Skills
- Assert yourself in Business
- Team Building
- Make Media Work for You
- Receptionist Skills
Management Development Programmes:
- Managing People
- Building & Leading Teams
- Making Things Happen
- Executive Coaching & Personal Development
- Performance Management & Appraisal
- Giving Effective Feedback & Reviews
- Managing Relationships & Avoiding Conflict
- Recruitment Interviewing
- Harnessing your Company’s Talent
- Psychometric Profiling and Competency Assessment
- Human Resource Effectiveness Reviews and Assessment